Child Placement

Thank you for considering Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch.  We recognize this may be a very difficult time for you and your child.  Our hope at Shiloh is that through Jesus Christ we can be a helping link to you, your family, and your child.

Within the online application, you will find several important forms enclosed which must be completed so we can best evaluate your child for possible placement.  We have included a checklist to aid you in completing this process. Please note that the Power of Attorney and Custody Agreement will ONLY be signed upon the placement of your child. These documents do NOT assign legal or physical custody to Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch. They only allow representatives of Shiloh to act on behalf of your child while they are in placement. Such acts may include but are not limited to: application for health coverage in the child’s placed county, medical treatment or medication administration, and to fulfill the enrollment of your child in school.

We would love to minister to all the children that need our ministry, but that is not possible because of limited space.  However, we carefully consider each child for placement and base our decision on what we believe to be in the best interest of the child and their family.

Thank you,
The Staff of Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch


Who can come to Shiloh?
• Children 0-15 years old
• Children who are abused and/or neglected
• Behaviors that are conducive to a family setting
• Children desiring a change in their life
How much does it cost to send a child to Shiloh?
• No fee
• Donations are accepted
• Funded by church and individual gifts
What kind of facility is Shiloh?
• Two sites–Clarence and Kahoka, MO
• Six traditional homes with Christian Homeparents
• Family setting with Biblical teaching and discipline
• Approximately 10 children in each home
• Rural country setting
• On-site Christian school at Kahoka site
How long does a child stay at Shiloh?
• Enough time to allow child to work through their situation(s)
• For some children Shiloh becomes their permanent home
What do the children do each day?
• Children work together in a family environment, learning to cook, clean, take care of farm animals, and other chores
• Children attend school at one of three schools: on-site Christian, public school, or private Christian school
• Families go on shopping trips, to sporting events, and community functions
• Each Shiloh child attends the local Christian church as a family and may also be involved in youth group, Christian summer camps, Christian concerts, etc.
Can parents/guardians visit the children?
• Yes, if it is beneficial to the child, visits will regularly be scheduled
• There is no contact the first month to allow the child to adjust to their new setting
• During the second month, the visit will be on site
• Then the monthly visits are arranged with the Homeparents two weeks prior to the visit
How can I help?
• You can make Shiloh a part of your prayer life
• You can remember Shiloh if you know of a child in need of our ministry
• You can give as a financial supporter to help make Shiloh a stronger ministry
Your gift is very much appreciated and fully deductible as a charitable contribution.  A copy of our latest financial  report may be obtained by writing to Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch, 601 N. Center Street, Shelbina, MO 63468 and 573-588-2191.   Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch was formed in Missouri.  If you are a resident of one of these states, you may obtain financial information directly from the state agency:  FLORIDA – A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, 1-800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA) OR ONLINE AT REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration # CH47516. MARYLAND – For the cost of copies and postage, Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD  2140.  MISSISSIPPI – The official registration and financial information of Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement.  NEW YORK – Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271. NORTH CAROLINA – FINANCIAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION AND A COPY OF ITS LICENSE ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE STATE SOLICITATION LICENSING BRANCH AT 1-888-830-4989. THE LICENSE IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT BY THE STATE. PENNSYLVANIA – The official registration and financial information of Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement;   VIRGINIA – Virginia State Office of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services, PO Box 1163, Richmond, VA  23218.  . WASHINGTON – Charities Division, Office of the Secretary of State, State of Washington, Olympia, WA 98504-0422, 1-800-332-4483.   WEST VIRGINIA – Residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305.  Registration with any of these state agencies does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by any state.