Who can come to Shiloh?
- Children 0-15 years old
- Children that are abused, neglected, and/or at-risk
- Children desiring a change in their life
How much does it cost to send a child to Shiloh?
- No fee
What kind of facility is Shiloh?
- Two sites, Clarence and Kahoka, MO
- Six traditional homes and two relief homes with Christian Homeparents
- Family setting with biblical teaching and discipline
- Approximately 10 children in each home
- Rural country setting
- On-site Christian school at Kahoka site
How long does a child stay at Shiloh?
- Until significant improvements occur
- Time for child to work through their situation(s)
- Some children make Shiloh their permanent home
What do the children do each day?
- Children work together in a family environment, learning to cook, take care of farm animals, and other chores
- Children attend school at one of three schools: On-site Christian, public school, or Christian school
- Each Shiloh child attends the local Christian church as a family and may also be involved in youth group, Christian summer camps, Christian concerts, etc.
- Families go on shopping trips, to sporting events, and community functions
Can parents/guardians visit the child(ren)?
- Yes, if it is beneficial to the child, visits will be regularly scheduled
- There is no contact the first month to allow child to adjust to their new setting
- During the second month, the visit will be on site
- Then monthly visits are arranged with the homeparents 2 weeks prior to the visit
How can I help?
- You can become a regular supporter of Shiloh’s ministry to children (See below)
- You can make Shiloh a part of your prayer life
- You can remember Shiloh if you know of a child in need of our ministry